Procedure for registration of pre-registration trainee
- The procedures are the same as for the pharmacist (click here) except that they stop at the level of the recognition of the academic qualifications.
- The pre-registration trainee is required to complement his academic background with a full-year approved pre-registration training that is sanctioned by an examination.
- Pre-registration trainees, once their qualifications are recognized, pay a registration fee and their particulars are then recorded in the register of pre-registration trainees
Practical training for Pre-Registration Trainees
- No person may start pre-registration training unless: –
- He is registered as a pre-registration trainee
- The training takes place in a site approved by the Council and under the supervision of an approved preceptor
- Lists of approved tutors and of approved sites of training are published on this website and are available at the registrar’s office
- Guidelines for a successful pre-registration training addressed to trainees are published on this site
- The training manual that includes the terms of reference of the preceptor and the learning objectives of the placement are available on the website
- A model of the contract signed between the trainee and the preceptor can be downloaded from this website
- Mock examination papers may be downloaded and consulted from this website
- Evaluation sheets for the trainee and for the preceptor may be consulted and downloaded for this website
- A format for the log book of the trainee is available for consultation on the website